“A calming anti-inflammatory skin stabilizer that provides powerful soothing benefits, helping reduce redness, irritation, and sensitivity.“
Both Drs. Zeichner and Engelman praise chamomile for its ability to relax and soothe the skin, as well as reduce redness, blemishes, and indications of age.
- Reduces redness: “Because of its anti-inflammatory qualities, chamomile soothes redness. Redness is caused by underlying inflammation. The skin is calmed, less red, and less irritated when a substance is anti-inflammatory “Dr. Engelman explains.
- Sensitive skin is soothed: “According to fundamental science study, chamomile aids in the blocking of signals in the body known as prostaglandins, which are responsible for inflammation. Chamomile is therefore an excellent element for persons with sensitive skin, as well as inflammatory disorders such as rosacea “Dr. Zeichner explains.
- Inflammation relief: “Chamomile’s anti-inflammatory qualities aid in the prevention of both long-term and short-term skin inflammation. In the case of sunburns, it aids in the reduction of DNA damage induced by excessive UV exposure. This is why applying a cold compress of brewed chamomile tea to a sunburn will help it heal faster “Dr. Engelman adds.
- Chamomile has long been utilized for therapeutic purposes due to its high concentration of flavonoids and phytochemicals (2)
- These nutrients have been shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars by fighting free radicals and speeding up cell regeneration (3).