CUCUMBER EXTRACT – CUCUMIS SATIVUS
“Cucumber Extract is Composed of 90% water (cooling action), amino acids, proteins, lipids, and Vitamin C Some of the minerals found are magnesium, potassium and silica.“
What Does Cucumber Extract Do For Your Skin?
- Cucumber extract moisturizes and calms the skin. Its cooling effects can reduce puffiness and irritation, as well as assist to cure redness, such as sunburn. All skin types can benefit from cucumber extract.
- Keeping hydrated. Cucumber extract, with 95% water content, maintains high levels of moisture in the skin, ensuring a fresh, glowy, and dewy appearance.
- Relaxing and soothing. Cucumber extract has strong soothing effects and is used to treat sunburn, irritation, redness, and acne inflammation.
- It is an antioxidant. Cucumber extract is a potent antioxidant that helps keep free radicals at bay due to the addition of caffeic acid and vitamins C and K. This makes it an excellent tool for fighting wrinkles and fine lines.
- Anti-aging and rejuvenation. Cucumis sativus helps maintain the skin plump and hydrated due to its high water content (95%) and vitamins. This reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also slowing the aging process.
- Acne-fighting qualities. Cucumber extract has some anti-acne capabilities due to the presence of ascorbic acid and mineral silica in its composition. It is a natural astringent, which means it encourages skin cells to constrict and helps tighten pores.
- It helps to reduce swelling and puffiness. Cucumber extract is definitely very good for the eye area. Its moisturizing and calming effects aid in the reduction of swelling, puffiness, and bags under the eyes (especially if chilled beforehand).
- It’s energetic and refreshing. Cucumber products offer great refreshing and re-energizing effects that can improve the appearance of weary, sagging, and dull-looking skin.